Supply Chain Specialist
The Supply Chain Specialist (SCS) position provides purchasing support for direct material purchases and indirect company purchases. Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the SCS will source and purchase raw materials, fabrics, non-woven fabrics, hardware, software, equipment, and services to achieve the best value for the company and the end customer.
- Read and understand drawings, specifications, and other engineering documents including SOWs Work in a team environment with engineers, manufacturing, finance, and sales personnel to develop project plans.
- Perform quotation activities, establish and help to qualify suppliers, issuing RFQ’s, obtaining supplier quotations.
- Ensure that requirements (prime contract, quality, terms and conditions) are properly communicated to suppliers in bid and proposal activity as well as in purchase orders.
- Ensures all work is accurate and free of errors / defects Place POs of low to high complexity electrical and mechanical commodities.
- Procurements will include commercial parts, non-woven fabrics, and statement of work requirements. Process high volume POs across various products.
- Update planning reports and order materials as needed based upon planning tools, including offline MRO manual reports and reviewing historical numbers on usage.
- Compile and analyze data to perform price analysis, make source selections and procurement justifications.
- Comply with company purchase order documentation requirements Negotiate with suppliers to include price, schedules and terms & conditions, including master purchasing agreements based upon long term and high volume production runs.
- Negotiate with suppliers of services, including brokers, freight carriers, logistics companies, etc. Interface with internal customers and suppliers to ensure that the material/services are delivered on-time and in accordance with the specifications and quality notes documented in the purchase order.
- Responsible for Post-award supplier management to include managing supplier performance to cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Knowledge of commercial shipping methods and procedures. Strong focus on international shipping. Trace lost shipments and or claims of lost shipments; initiate proof of delivery documents
- Maintain department database, prepare routine reports, and file receiving records Follow established department policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, as well as safety and environmental standards.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Strong attention to detail Skills and Qualifications:
Minimum of 5-10 years relevant experience in a Procurement/Supply Chain role with at least 4 years supporting manufacturing/production line.
Required Education: Associates degree in business management, supply chain management, or related procurement experience.
Required: Computer experience familiar with Microsoft product suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing both internally and with suppliers.
Ability to effectively manage job responsibilities with minimal supervision General administrative methods, principles and practices.
Strong organizational skill, plans and assigns resources in a detailed fashion.
Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
Ability to work under pressure related to deadlines and multiple priorities.
Good oral and written communication skills to meet a variety of communication needs.
Analytical Skills: You will be working with multiple vendors to determine the best deals for the company, and will have to evaluate the many pros and cons of each, based on price, quality, speed of delivery and other factors.
Decision-Making Skills: You will need to use the information you have gathered to make decisions on behalf of your company.
Math Skills: Basic math skills will be needed to analyze prices and get the best deals possible. Negotiating Skills: You will be working with suppliers to create the best deals.
Negotiating skills will help you create those deals.
Knowledge of Sage 100 Standard ERP system a plus.
This job description reflects an assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Other duties and tasks may be assigned to this job at the Company’s discretion.