Supervisor of HR Operations
SEYMOUR, CT 06483
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review every client' s onboarding policies and procedures and revise, develop and implement policy and practices to ensure compliance and support business goals and strategies.
- Supervise recruiting programs and activities to ensure support of corporate hiring needs and coordination of staffing strategies.
- Supervise corporate credential processes to ensure support of corporate compliance.
- Conduct periodic audits of human resource activities to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee maintenance and annual filing of OSHA Logs, Annual Medicare notices and EEO 1' s; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to regulations.
- Devise and analyze organizational trends and metrics in partnership with Human Resources group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Oversees all benefits administrations, ensures timely offers of coverages, compliant cobra administration and bill reconciliations.
- Manages off-boarding process and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Establishes and maintains department record keeping requirements and reports.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day- to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Answer routine requests for information on policy interpretation.
- Works closely with Human Resource Business Partners, management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Recommends, evaluates and participates in staff development for all corporate divisions.
- Lead special and cross-functional project teams. Present training sessions related to assigned program or section area.
- Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
Education / Training / Experience
- A bachelor' s degree in Human Resource Management or related subject or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years' experience in a Human Resources environment with two in a supervisory capacity.
- PHR preferred.
- Support the company vision and mission in all activities.
- Demonstrate company Values of commitment, open communication, respect and Standards of Care.
- Represent company and conduct all activities in a professional, businesslike manner.
- Comply with all Company employee policies, safety policy and substance abuse prevention policy.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit and stand.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- A business driver and a creative/strategic thinker with strong customer service, analytical, financial and system skills required
- Good project management skills and proven influencing skills with peers and senior management
- Problem solving— the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Oral communication— the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Proactive, exhibit continuous improvement and an ability to affect change
- Well organized, extreme attention to detail and a self-directed individual
- Leadership— the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, accepts feedback from others.
- Quality management— the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment— the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.