Shipping and Receiving
Shelton , CT
Responsible for all movement, shipment, and receiving of raw materials and finished products. Must be familiar with shipping and receiving procedures. Must operate various sized forklifts, reel carriers, and large trucks requiring a CDL Class A license. Use various types of tools such as saws (table, radial arm, band and hand), air-operated nail guns, hammers, and other hand tools. Is responsible for all shop safety and housekeeping rules. Must perform to quality and production standards.
- Load/Unload Trucks
- Operate material handling equipment including Reel Carriers and Forklifts
- Complete MRP Receiving transactions including creating Receivers, locator tickets, stock moves, and associated paperwork
- Complete MRP stores transactions - including issues, bin issue process, credit stock, and stock moves
- Conduct cycle counting - includes requesting report, performing audit, and calculating results
- Drive large trucks (Requires CDL Class A)
- Prepare shipping paperwork including bill of lading, packing list, and related paperwork
- MRP Shipping transactions
- Customer order auditing
- Calculate truck loads
- Schedule trucks-outbound
- Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. CDL Class A license required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MRP/Inventory software, Microsoft Office, and email.
Ability to use measuring instruments, i.e., measuring tapes and scales.
Handle physical demands of position, ability to maneuver 50Lbs upwards to approximately 3500Lbs.
Good organizational skills.
Ability to read and follow factory work instructions and to follow directives, verbal & written.
Good mechanical aptitude
Problem solving and math skills
Must follow all shop safety and housekeeping rules.
Must be able to maintain quality and quantity standards
Steel Toe Safety Shoes
Flexibility for over time.
Good mechanical and math skills.
Previous manufacturing experience 2+ to 5 years
Education: High school diploma or GED