Setup Mechanic - Plastics
Shelton, CT 06484 US
Why Work Here:?
- Very large and stable, growing company.
- Discounts on phone bill plus grocery bill.
- highly tenured internal team.
- Discounts on pet insurance car insurance.
- Installs tooling and performs set-ups, as well as corrective and preventative maintenance on thermoforming machines and auxiliary equipment, such as grinders, vacuum pumps, motors, gear boxes, and hoists.
- Conducts mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical troubleshooting.
- Performs root cause analysis to identify causes of defects and troubleshoots problems.
- Identifies, retrieves, and replaces machine components from the stockroom;creates and fulfills orders via a cloud-based parts management system.
- Escalates issues to a set up technician (recognizing source and scope of problems and communication).
- 2-3 years of experience in the manufacturing, industrial, electrical or auto mechanic industry.
- Technical: Ability to use calipers, tape measure, protractors, pressure gauges, temperature thermocouples.
- Technological: Ability to use cloud-based parts management system (NexGen) to create and execute work orders.
- High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).
- Vocational technical community college, or formal military mechanical and/or technical training a plus.
- Thermoforming, extrusion machinery, or packaging equipment is a plus.
$24-$27 per hour.
Night Shift: 6: 50 PM - 7: 05 AM
***This position works 12 hour shifts whose days change every other week. The benefit is you have 3 and 4 days off every other week!
Week 1 - Mon, Tue, Fri, Sat
Week 2 - Sun, Wed, Thurs