Senior Director Sales and Marketing
Culpeper, VA 22701
Objectives: Drive business development and growth by planning, directing, or coordinating sales distribution that support company vision and goals. Establish sales territories, sales budgets, and complete sales projections for territories and products that create maximum exposure to ideal customer targets. Create, motivate and manage high-performance sales team to achieve revenue goals and drive company philosophy. Identify and develop opportunities for company and product differentiation to improve market position and margins. Create and optimize relationships with outside sales Rep agencies and purchasing groups. Monitor customer preferences, competition and selling costs to pro-actively anticipate changes with trends and demand. Implement marketing strategies and analyze sales statistics to determine potential for various manufactured products. Drive efforts to reinforce brand strength and positioning. Manage and monitor participation in sales expositions and meetings. Requires travel up to 50% of work time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned that pertain to this classification.
- Lead and develop sales activities, tactics and growth in line with the company' s overall strategic plans.
- Monitor customer opportunities and market trends to determine focus of sales efforts and product development.
- Define and manage product life cycles. Constantly evaluate product portfolio to achieve maximum exposure to profitable custom business.
- Define the " Ideal Customer” profile and align with customer segments that can drive growth and innovation targets.
- Ensure new business and product opportunities support company goals for growth and long-term sustainability.
- Supervise performance of regional and local sales managers; ensure the team has thorough training and a full understanding of the company' s strategic objectives to guide sales efforts.
- Plan and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determine price schedules and discount rates; Review customer agreements and new product requests to project sales and determine profitability.
- Analyze department P & L to evaluate potential profit leaks and cost containment.
- Prepare budgets and approve budget expenditures.
- Direct Inside Sales team to provide the highest levels of customer service in all activities.
- Supervise Quality Manager, to insure timely resolution of customer service and product issues.
- Serve as a brand ambassador for company
- Represent company at trade association meetings to promote products.
- Live the Value Proposition
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor' s Degree preferred
• 10 plus years of experience as a Leader of Sales professionals
- Good to Great