- Responsible for timely inspection of incoming material, and adherence to published inspection methods and procedures.
- Accurately monitors and documents inspection results that define the quality of items in Receiving. Materials include raw material, Customer returns, purchased components or assemblies.
- Provides end-to-end support for the Receiving process (dock to stock) in order to maximize throughput of material and service to internal customers.
- Other activities may include First Article Inspection, in-process inspection, gage calibration, and final product audits for verification of conformance to Siemon and customer specifications.
- Also assists and supports the pursuit of opportunities for improving quality through such activities as self directed work teams, kaizen, requests for engineering changes, process refinements, purchasing specifications, etc.
- Working knowledge of blue print dimensioning and geometric tolerancing and the ability to perform layout, first piece, and in-process inspections using standard metrology equipment
- High School Degree
- 3 years minimum inspection experience
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Working knowledge of ISO and applicable industry quality standards
- Experience with MS office or equivalent software
- Organized and detail oriented work habits
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to accurately perform duties that require basic math aptitude