- Work from established inspection procedures, blueprints, customer specifications and drawings, and other quality criteria to determine acceptance and rejection of products.
- Use a variety of precision measuring and testing equipment including micrometers, calipers, visual techniques, pin or no/go gages, scales and other specialized inspection equipment such as salt spray machines.
- Perform incoming, first piece, and final inspection as required by product/cell.
- Perform AQL or 100% inspection as specified.
- Simultaneously inspect and pack carefully as required by customer to minimize damage in transit.
- Execute the control plan.
- Make decisions as to acceptable quality within limits prescribed by process specifications.
- Determine reasons for rejects and assist in resolving problems. Segregate defective products and disposition as directed.
- Authorize release of product.
- Inspect process test panels for monthly quality checks on finishing processes.
- Detect faulty operations and materials and report these and other problems to immediate supervisor.
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) and 1-3 years of industrial inspecting
- Must be able to speak, read and understand English and have good communication skills.
- Must have basic computer and math skills; ability to multi-task and prioritize; and detail orientation.
- Demonstrated inspection skills required and completion of Company Inspection Training.
- Demonstrated use of a variety of precision measuring instruments and inspection tools.
- Demonstrated ability to apply judgment and make qualified decisions
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment to meet production schedules. Ability to work quickly, coordinate and multi-task, arranging actions in a certain order to accomplish goals.
Other Skills and/or Requirements:
- Consistently demonstrates LMC’s values of accountability, trust, commitment, respect, and integrity
- Enthusiastic team player and works with others in a collaborative manner
- Takes Initiative in problem solving and continuous improvement ideas
- Is a safety advocate
- Significant time standing and moving about in medium production environments.
- Significant eye/hand coordination required. Near vision—see objects at close range. Visual color discrimination
- Able to frequently (over 40% and up to 70%) lift/move light weight (5-25lbs.) and continuously (over 70%) lift/move very light weight (over 1-5 lbs.).
- Manual Dexterity - The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.