Reports to: General Manager
Position Description: Responsible for the supervision of the production and assembly teams. This includes managing the production schedule created by the production manager, programming the Trumpf equipment, preparing tooling and setting up jobs for the production and assembly teams. Additionally, responsible for inventory management of components and the storage and accounting of all inventory for components. Works closely with the Production Manager to ensure customer expectations are met and we are building inventory to meet customer demand.
Duties and Essential Job Functions
• Work with the Production Manager on the execution of the manufacturing schedule.
• Provide feedback to the Production Manager to ensure the schedule is maintained on a daily basis.
• Programming of all Trumpf equipment to ensure production is on schedule.
• Testing and measuring all parts while in development to ensure we are manufacturing to approved drawings.
• Management of the in-process inspection system to ensure the manufacturing of quality parts.
• Setting up jobs and providing components for the assembly teams.
• Maintaining our tool inventory and providing feedback and information to our purchasing department regarding the need for new or replacement tools.
• Work closely with the Engineering team to ensure our drawings are accurate and maintained.
• Work closely with the Engineering team on development projects to meet customer expectations and deadlines.
• Managing workload for the production and assembly teams.
• Providing inventory counts and updating our inventory control system to ensure accurate inventory levels.
• Keep the shop floor organized and clean, working with the production teams.
• Fill in for the Production Manager as required.
• Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
Skills and Requirements
• Ability to learn machine programming (we will train)
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
• Organized and efficient
• Ability to work and supervise people
• Positive, can-do, enthusiastic attitude
Physical and Mental Demands
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to meet deadlines while handling stressful situations
• Ability to work on a manufacturing floor and to spend long hours on your feet.
• Professional office environment
• Production environment on manufacturing floor
• Hours are 8: 30 am – 5: 00 pm, with some overtime required.
• Ability to work with a diverse group of people
• Ability to build personal relationships with team members