Painter / Hanger
Shelton , CT 06484
We are looking for a full time 1st shift candidate for a position that will operate painting equipment to power coat metal parts. This person will also be working as a team member of a conveyorized line with continuous productions. Summary of the duties include the following, but other duties may be assigned.
- Inspects painted units
- Puts away pulls parts utilizing Kanban
- Utilizes / understands paint schedule and ECA paint numbers
- Stages parts for painting according to department schedule
- Inspects incoming parts prior to painting
- Applies plugs and masking to articles
- Hangs parts using prescribed methods
- Cleans spray booth, oven, conveyor, tanks, hoses and nozzles
- Sets up paint booth
- Paints parts in small and large booth
- Furnishes painter with materials, tools, and supplies
- Organizes finished parts in packages for delivery to assembly
- Performs duties of department associated on a rotating schedule
- Regular, predictable and onsite attendance
- Must perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Reasoning Ability - ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions
- Ability to read work orders, routers, production drawings, visual scheduling board and receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Mathematical Skills - ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Language Skills - ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Must be willing to stand long hours
- Enthusiastic team player
- Exhibit a sense of urgency
- Organizational, planning and time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to take ownership to seek out answers
- Upholds organizational values
- Works in a safe manner
Interested in this job? Stay one step ahead and subscribe to Staffworks, Inc for more jobs like it!