Machine Operator Lead
SEYMOUR, CT 06483
Assist Production Supervisor by completing duties that allows them to concentrate on the smooth operations of shift. This may include running a machine to keeping the plant area clean and organized. Essential duties and responsibilities are normally within a set pattern of duties but may fluctuate from day to day and shift to shift needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following;
Always work safely and immediately report all safety concerns you may see. Ensure that all safety procedures are followed, including LOTO.
- Keep production floor and machine area floors clean and free from obstructions. Make sure trash is carried to dumpster and not allowed to accumulate.
- Assist all machine operators in ways that allow them to perform their duties with a minimum of assistance.
- Organize work areas which may include keeping each machine supplied with neccessary materials, etc. Operators should not need to leave machine to get supplies.
- Relieve machine operators and possibly the floor tech for breaks.
- Be aware of status at each machine relating to operator experiencing problems, falling behind, needing supplies, product in floor, quality issues, etc. Assist all operators as needed
- to ensure a smooth flow of product.
- Ensure that work stations are prepared for production and order changes. Make sure that supplies not being used are returned to proper storage area.
- Check and verify that product being run reflects and matches the job order sheet.
- Always report quality issues immediately.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.