New Haven , CT
Set up and operate production machinery used to cut, shape, and prepare dough for the proofing and baking process. Adjust speeds and settings to produce product that meets specification for bread type.
Review schedule and product specifications to determine machine adjustments and dough requirements. Verify machine and employees are following proper dough schedule.
• Communicate with mixer to assure correct proofer time for each product.
• Check lot numbers, proofing times, temperature, weight and quality of dough to be processed.
• Set up machine, select specified program, speed, flour dusters and weight adjustment.
• Direct benchers to various tasks for efficient operation.
• Start machine, monitor and make adjustments to controls for dropping, rolling and kneading of dough to produce product within specifications.
• Monitor machine operations and detect sounds, vibrations, malfunction, etc. that will affect product quality. Monitor flour duster and oil container and refill when necessary.
• Make decisions to correct program feed/speed or stop process to correct or notify supervisor.
• Ensure in process dough is within specifications on size, shape, number of pieces on board and weight.
• Complete all production paperwork. Record data on time, dough temperature, lot numbers, quantity of items, etc.
• Perform changeovers and machine cleaning between products. Direct benchers to other jobs during changeovers.
• Maintain clear communication with supervisors including other team members with any production problems as necessary.
• Ensure all production procedures and employees assisting follow safety rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of production machines with PLC controls.
- Knowledge of dough properties and processing.
- Basic mechanical ability and understanding of interrelated parts of machinery.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment as pace is determined by speed of equipment.
- Able to work in a team environment and direct other workers.
- Able to document/record Information — entering, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written form.