Machine Operator/ Assembler - 2nd shift 3:30PM - 11:30PM
To Set-up, operate, maintain and perform minor adjustments on automated assembly machinery in a safe and efficient manner to ensure the equipment’s contribution to production, quality and safety standards.
- Effectively and efficiently operate machinery in accordance with established operating inspection sheets as well as product prints, layouts, bills of materials and/or work instructions.
- Diagnose machine malfunctions and perform minor repairs and mechanical adjustments. Communicate and work with Automation Support personnel to repair major machine malfunctions.
- Effectively complete scheduled preventative machine maintenance within established time frames and document as required.
- Consistently and effectively complete all required operation and quality documentation while ensuring current form revisions are being used.
- Alert Process Leader/Process Supervisor in a timely manner when inventory of critical supplies are running low, machine becomes inoperable or exceeds established scrap rate.
- Maximize machine up time and operate multiple machines or perform assembly jobs as secondary task.
- Operate various manual hand presses, testing units and gauges in accordance to established operating procedures as required.
- Submit and/or perform first piece inspections and rectify any quality issues in a timely manner and communicates to Process Leader any sub-standard quality conditions
- Utilize visual scheduling and kanban systems to prioritize daily jobs
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Intermediate computer skills, with emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- 1 year automated assembly machine operation experience.
- Demonstrated strong mechanical skills, with the ability to diagnose and correct routine operating problems.
- Ability to accurately perform duties that require basic math aptitude.
- Strong written and verbal skills to communicate effectively and professionally in a team environment.
May occasionally, frequently or continuously lift up to 25 or 50 lbs. depending on machine.