Human Resources Director
East Hartford, CT
Purpose: The Director of HR is a key leader responsible for all people aspects of our business in partnership with the managers and the Executive Team. This position gives counsel to plant leadership on all people-related matters and business initiatives. This position is accountable for developing plans for the plant that ensure the right talent is in place, supports the development of capabilities and creates an environment that fosters an engaged workforce while mitigating risk. This position is part of the executive Leadership teamProvide strategic talent, organizational and Human Resources guidance and leadership to plant leader team, managers and supervisors.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic talent, organizational and Human Resources guidance and leadership to plant leader team, managers and supervisors.
- Analyze people metrics to influence the strategic people planning process and provide guidance to leadership in key decision making for employment-related matters.
- Lead the talent assessment for each team through the consistent assessment of talent and identification of key strengths and gaps in the organization. Collaborate with the leaders to guide the building of action plans to address the organization needs
- Participate in the development of the annual functional plans and related business plans to understand the key requirements and business issues and translate these into human resources strategies
- Lead annual performance and compensation programs and procedures, including but not limited to performance appraisals, development planning, base salary and bonus
- Oversee all aspects of positive employee relations to maintain a union-free workplace and ensure Company policies are administered fairly and consistently. Provide consultative support to managers and supervisors
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team and business leaders to identify staffing requirements needed to meet the goals and objectives of the organization and lead in the creation and execution of the staffing plan for the plant to ensure the hiring and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce
- Ensure legal compliance with all applicable local state and federal employment laws, including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA and ADA to minimize risk/exposure to the company. Determine create solution that balance compliance while supporting the mission of the business.
- Act as a steward of culture supporting the company’s mission, vision and values
- Assist with the management of organizational change
- Establish policies and procedures to support business effectiveness, employee engagement and compliance with Company and regulatory agency requirements
- Oversee Human Resources communications
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or related field from accredited College or University
- Ten years of progressive Human Resources experience
- Five years managerial experience
- Prior experience participating as a member of a Leadership team and successfully providing support to Senior Leaders
- Strong business acumen with ability to connect strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and persuade decision makers
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player but can also work well with minimal supervision. Must be self-directed, flexible and able to prioritize work.
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to identify, manage and develop talent, including within the HR team
- Strong knowledge of employment and labor law
•Master’s Degree in HR or MBA as well as SPHR