Human Resources Assistant
WEST HAVEN, CT 06516
This position is secretarial in nature and will be a temporary-full time position.
The HR Assistant supports human resource processes by filing paperwork; scheduling appointments; assisting the HR Manager in scheduling orientation; assisting with records maintenance; and special projects and as needed.
- Possesses excellent secretarial support data entry and filing skills.
- Excellent experience with Excel.
- Assists with maintaining employee information by entering and updating employment and status-change data.
- Assisting with updating human resources materials.
- Works with Office Manager to coordinate company events.
- Experienced with formatting, and printing information; organizing work; answering the telephone; relaying messages; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Assist in providing general office support (phones, copiers, monitor eFax account, postage equipment, etc.).
- Maintains employee confidence and protects operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Maintains quality service by following organization standards.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Providing support to the Human Resources and Administration department as needed.
- Reporting Skills, Maintaining Employee Files, Dependability, Organization, Scheduling, Confidentiality, Orienting Employees, Verbal Communication, Teamwork, Excel and Microsoft Office Skills
- 1-3 years' experience or current/recent enrollment in an undergraduate degree program with an interest and aptitude to work in Human Resources.