Human Resource Administrator
Seymour, CT 06483
The HR Administrator provides administrative support to assigned Human Resource Consultants and assigned Clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs customer service functions by responding to inquiries received by the HR Department from all levels of employees assisting with their inquiries and or requests in a timely and efficient manner.
• Posts open positions on internal and external job boards.
• Submits the online background investigation requests and conducts reference checks.
• Conducts benefits enrollment for new employees and is responsible for providing cobra continuation paperwork for departing employees.
• Verifies and maintains I-9 documentation.
• Performs payroll/benefit-related reconciliations to payroll system (i.E., benefit deductions).
• Maintains HCM records by recording new hires, transfers, change in job classifications, merit increases; tracking vacation, sick, and personal times.
• Responsible for setting up new hires in Employee Self Service and Time and Attendance platforms.
• Prepares FMLA/LOA pending and approval letters for employees and submitted claim forms to third party administrator.
• Submits First Report of Injury forms to the Worker' s Compensation carrier.
• Responsible for annual EEO-1 and OSHA reporting.
• Assists with recruitment and interview process.
• Maintains electronic document files.
• Assists or prepares correspondence.
• Assists HR Consultants with various research and/or special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving— the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Interpersonal Skills— the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others' ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
• Oral communication— the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
• Written Communication— the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively.
• Planning/organizing— the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
• Quality control— the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Adaptability— the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability— the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Education / Training / Certifications:
- Bachelor' s degree or the equivalent of 2 to 4 years of Human Resources experience.
- PHR Certification preferred.
- Candidate must have knowledge in the following administration areas: Employee Onboarding, Benefit and COBRA Administration, Leave Management, Worker' s Compensation, and Recruitment.
- Individual must be detail oriented, highly organized, and have excellent customer service skills.
Equipment / Software Used:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) Individual must be proficient in HCM and Time & Attendance systems.
The scheduled work week is a 5-day work week - hours are 9: 00 AM to 5: 30 PM Monday through Friday.