Director, Contract & Bid Administration
Monterey, CA 93940
Director, Contract & Bid Administration - Our client is the leading provider of innovative and compelling early childhood educational products that empower teachers and students across the country and abroad.
The Director, Contract & Bid Administration will lead the bids and proposal staff across the client' s companies. The bids and proposals staff are charged with sourcing procurement opportunities as well as the preparation and submission of winning proposals. In this role, the Director will work with Excelligence' s subsidiary companies to coordinate responses to Request for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Quotations (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), and Grant Proposals. The person in this role will also manage existing and future GSA Schedules and opportunities.
The position involves researching, writing, and producing a high volume of client-facing documentation on behalf of our client in support of an array of innovative education products. This role will successfully communicate and collaborate with a variety of internal stakeholders including, Legal, Sales, e-Commerce, Product leads and other subject matter experts, as needed - and thus, is a highly visible role.
The Director will oversee a small team, exhibiting strong writing skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to generate creative ideas while working both independently and collaboratively. The successful candidate is expected to be a self-starter, multitasker who works well under pressure, and follows through on tasks. We are looking for a strong team member who leads by example and keeps the team informed of changes.
* Identify and qualify RFPs, RFQs, RFIs and grant proposals that are a fit with one or more of the client' s companies. Communicate with a point of contact at the appropriate client company, confirming that the opportunity should be pursued.
* Plan, research, develop, and edit complex content for proposals in response to customer solicitations
* Act as the central point of contact on assigned proposals, and lead and guide the work of the Bids and Proposals team
* Manage GSA Schedules and future GSA opportunities for the client' s subsidiary companies * Maintain, improve, and enforce the bids process within the team and across the company
* Understand the client' s various subsidiary companies and their position in the market to best represent and respond to RFP opportunities
* Monitor the bid opportunities pipeline and ensure that team resources are appropriately allocated
* Lead and/or support the development and submission of winning strategic bid responses by working with the Bids team, internal experts and/or contractors, as required
* Research and gather information to include corporate information, product information, and other standard materials
* Maintain, augment and improve library of reusable components, templates, and processes to reduce response time and improve quality on future bids
* Direct product strategy research to inform bid responses as well as broader company awareness
* Manage the active bid and contract maintenance, including performance tracking, contract reporting, and fees.
* BS/BA degree, or equivalent in relevant experience
* 5+ years of experience with public sector RFP responses and/or large-scale grant applications Preferred Qualifications:
* Proven attention to detail
* Excellent writing, grammar, and spelling ability
* Strong understanding of the public sector education market
* Excellent presentation and written/oral communication skills
* Ability to multi task and work in a deadline-conscious, results-driven environmentBi