Controller -Part Time/Flexible hours
Seymour, CT | Remote Friendly
Basic Function: The controller position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records in QuickBooks, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
- Maintain GL transactions
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- With external accountant, issue timely and complete financial statements
- With external accountant coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- With management, calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
Desired Qualifications: The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience and 5+ years of financial roles.
Working Conditions: Primarily in an office environment; ability to work remotely.