Circuit Board Assembler
Shelton , CT
- Performs any combination of following duties in assembly of electronic components onto printed circuit boards according to specifications, using hand tools:
- Reads worksheets and wiring diagrams, receives verbal instructions, or follows sample board to determine assembly duties, and selects components, such as transistors, resistors, relays, capacitors, and integrated circuits.
- Twists, bends, trims, strips, or files wire leads of components or reams holes in boards to insert wire leads, using hand tools.
- Inserts color-coded wires in designated holes and clinches wire ends, using pliers.
- Press-fits component leads onto board.
- Places plastic insulating sleeves around specified wire leads of components and shrinks sleeves into place, using heat gun.
- Crimps wire leads on underside of board, using hand toolsor press.
- Applies sealer or masking compound to selected parts of board to protect parts from effects of wave solder process.
- Solders wire leads and joints on underside of board, using soldering iron, to route and connect lead wires to board and between individual components.
- Installs heat sinks, sockets, face plates, and accessories on boards, using hand tools.
- May be designated according to unit installed as Socket Assembler or stage of production as Post-Wave Assembler; Pre-Wave Assembler.
- May assist other workers.
- Drug test required
- Background required
- 1-2 years experience in assembly or calibration in a manufacturing environment
- Electro-mechanical assembly, mechanical assembly or industrial painting skills required