CNC Vertical Lathe Operators
East Granby, CT 06026 US
Why Work Here?
- Strong Shift Differential: 12% for 2nd, 20% for weekend!
- Strong PTO depending on years worked.
- A lot of OT is offered!
- Company Outings.
- Highly tenured internal team; employees are promoted from within first!
- Strong 401K and benefits plan.
- Set-up and operate VTL machines for pre-machining and finish machining for required operations or the repair of aircraft parts.
- Work from process traveler, blueprints, parts drawings, manuals, specifications, operations sheets and verbal directions to determine proper dimensions and tolerances of finished part, sequence of operations, and set-up requirements for machining functions.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gage, height gage, and vernier
- Work with engineering department regarding material conditions, best positioning of part, tool pressure, etc. As required
- 2+ years experience operating VTL or related machines.
- Set-Up Experience.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Experience in machining plasma coatings and K/E seals on rotating aircraft parts is a plus!
- Experience in aerospace is a plus!
- CNC programming experience or willingness to learn is a plus!
$23.00 - $37.00 Per Hour.
1st Shift: Mon - Fri 6: 30 AM - 3: 00 PM
2nd Shift: Mon - Fri 3: 00 PM - 11: 30 PM
Weekend Shift: Fri - Sun 5: 00 AM - 5: 00 PM