Shelton, CT 06484
The duties and responsibilities for this candidate are : Simple short cycle assembly of electro-mechanical assembly following the usual routine methods or where assembly is obvious. Also able to make simple mechanical assemblies and minor adjustments using hand and or simple power tools.
- Assemble units with hand and pneumatic tools.
- Assemble, stamp and weld simple assemblies such as blocks and simplexes.
- Cut, strip and terminate electrical wire by hand or using machines.
- Operate machines that cut, strip, crimp, rivet, and terminate wire.
- Assemble and join parts together in specified relationship to each other by terminating, ultrasonic welding, and riveting, inserting, heat shrinking or by performing other means of attachment.
- Perform production testing and inspection of parts to meet production standards
- Work at different work stations/cells as production needs require.
- Actively participates in lean improvement activities
- Perform activates as part of a cohesive, Tact based team
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed under Factors/Substantiating Data are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REASONING ABILITY (Basic)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to read work orders, production drawings, visual scheduling board and receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
MATHEMATICAL ABILITIES: (Basic)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read a ruler and interpret bar graphs.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (Intermediate)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Other Skills and/or Requirements:
- Enthusiastic team player
- Ability to take ownership & seek out answers
- Work w/others in a collaborative manner in a lean manufacturing environment
- Takes Initiative in problem solving and continuous improvement ideas
- Upholds organizational values
- Work in a safe manner
- Lift up to 50 lbs