Oxford , CT
Assemble diversified sub assemblies and electro-mechanical units having light or average weight parts. Follow specified assembly methods; make designated fits to ordinary tolerances using hand and power tools. Assemble mating parts in assembly, adjust and align parts for free working and proper clearance, Make operating tests and final adjustments. Summary of duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble units with hand and pneumatic tools.
- Assemble and join parts together in specified relationship to each other.
- Perform production testing and inspection of parts to meet production standards
- Work at different work stations/cells as production needs require.
- Actively participate in lean improvement activates
REASONING ABILITY (Basic)
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions. Ability to read work orders, production drawings, visual scheduling board and receive verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
MATHEMATICAL ABILITIES: (Basic)
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read a ruler and interpret bar graphs.
LANGUAGE SKILLS (Intermediate)
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Other Skills and/or Requirements:
- Enthusiastic team player.
- Ability to take ownership & seek out answers.
- Work w/others in a collaborative manner in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Takes Initiative in problem solving and continuous improvement ideas.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Work in a safe manner.
- 1 year of assembly in the manufacturing field.