2nd Shift Mechanical Assembler
Watertown, CT 06795
This position requires the ability to assemble small to large assemblies and sub-assemblies in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Must bring a high degree of efficiency to become a part of a high quality productive team making customized cabinets, wall mounts and enclosures for the information technology Industry
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated superior dexterity / assembly skills and the ability to handle and assemble small to large units with minimum supervision.
- Ability to obtain and safely operate battery operated forklift and pickers.
- Ability to accurately perform duties that require basic math aptitude.
- Ability to work from engineering drawings, work instructions, and assembly instructions in English.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to lift and handle units up to 50 lbs unassisted and 100lbs assisted (either machine or human assisted).
- Previous assembly manufacturing experience.
- Ability to work overtime as required to meet customer demands
- Earnest desire to learn and work as a cross functional team member to support our mission, vision and values.
- Read, interpret and follow basic diagrams, engineering drawings, specification, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
- Must be able to properly and safely use hand tools and power tools such as hand drills, bench drills, wrenches, ratchets, torque drivers, rivet guns, lift tables, and overhead hoists.
- Efficiently completes all assigned tasks according to established quality and productivity standards.
- Participates in training activities as required.
- Submits first piece for inspection and rectifies any quality issues and process improvements in a timely manner.
- Provides continuous input and suggestions for improving quality/productivity.
1. Maintains an orderly and clean work environment in accordance to our 6S program and support all lean initiatives
2. Properly follows all company safety policies and procedures
3. Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to established safety and health procedures at all times and work in a manner that does not create a risk to yourself or others.
- Promptly report any unsafe conditions or practices, occupational injuries, illnesses or accidents.
- Reports any unsafe condition that does not comply with safe work practices.
- Provide suggestions to improve the effectiveness of safety and health procedures or plans. Participate in the resolution of safety and health problems, when needed.
Working within general manufacturing operations that may require continuous sitting or standing. Occasional to continuous pushing and pulling may be required. Occasional bending, stooping and reaching above shoulder level may be necessary. May have to occasionally or frequently lift and carry up to 100 assisted and 50lbs unassisted lbs. Unless otherwise required in specific cells. Depending on area may perform simple and firm grasping 50% to 100% of the time with both hands and repeatedly use both hands for fine dexterity.
Safety glasses, safety shoes and /or hearing protection may be required to be worn.