2nd Shift Distribution (Forklift) Operator
Shelton, CT 06484 US
Why Work Here?
- Very large and stable, growing company.
- Abenity program that provides employee discounts on items ranging from insurance to cell phones to groceries!
- Pulls orders and examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications, checking for correctness and accuracy of count (Perfect Order.)
- Operates forklift to load and unload trucks, move, convey, transport, or locate product within the facility, using electronic equipment, scanning bar coded product and locations. Clean and perform routine maintenance of forklifts daily.
- Operates various bar code-oriented equipment to complete assigned tasks within the facility.
- Using hand-held and tethered data collection devices, compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bill of lading, orders, or other distribution documents.
- Arranges all finished product and incoming materials in the warehouse in an orderly manner, according to warehouse location plan.
- Examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and reports the damages and shortages to supervisor.
- Conducts inventory cycle counts as directed and assists in taking periodic physical inventory.
- Completes small package paperwork, as required, for UPS, FedEx, etc. Performing computer data entry for small packages where applicable.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Forklift experience.
- Basic math and computer skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
$16 - $19 per hour.
Sunday - Thursday
3: 30 PM - 12: 00 AM